[ale] Example large generic website for load testing?

Mark@markulmer.com mark at markulmer.com
Wed Aug 31 23:16:29 EDT 2016

Allen,
Beyond just raw power testing ... I always like to suggest security requirements now. I suggest that penetration testing of server group be done before, during and after your load testing. Regarding SSL, having only the right ciphers enabled and disabled, decryption performance, etc are important tasks onto themselves. Also best to know how specific DOS and DDOS techniques affect you before any apps are introduced. What about any devices that maybe put in-line, such as IPS, IDS, HIDS, SSL decryption, caching proxy, web application firewall, xml gateways, file scanning, federated sign in, etc? You will want to include these all in the load testing.

Good Luck,
Mark Ulmer, CISSP