[ale] [OT] Strange wifi latency issues

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Tue Aug 23 09:20:58 EDT 2016

You might also check the channel you're AP is running on, and verify you're not seeing a lot of other AP's in the area running on that same channel.
Could be interference from other devices within range.
Switching the channel is an easy test.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> DJ-Pfulio <djpfulio at jdpfu.com> 8/23/2016 8:58 AM >>>
Test between every piece of equipment.

* router to ISP
* router to wired system
* wifi to router

Try different wifi connections ... don't just trust the results of 1 wifi card
in a single laptop.  Use all the smartphones, rokus, r-pis in the house too.

Reduce the range involved. No walls. Line of sight and 15 ft is good.

Until you nail down where the issue lies, we just don't know where to begin.

If it is with the ubiquity stuff - RMA it and get a replacement. This is not
normal. If the wifi equipment still shows latency, try moving closer.  Then look
for interference.  All sorts of things cause interference. Turn those off. Get
your neighbors to turn theirs off for your testing.  Look at all the wifi stuff
in use nearby. Did you pick a clear channel that doesn't overlap others?

If you'd like more help - come out almost any Sunday to the ALE meetup and we
can discuss wifi extensively (probably more than you'd like). I have lots of
experience with it.