[ale] 2016 InstallFest

Byron Jeff byronjeff at clayton.edu
Mon Aug 22 12:18:00 EDT 2016

Count me in on the MythTV setup. I'm currently running a box using a pair
of HDHomeRun Primes with cablecards with a Raspi-2 frontend along with a
separated dual monitor (Wall TV, Desktop Monitor) setup with totally
independant screens. Both are running Kodi as frontends.

I also have a couple of projects using Raspi Zero doing timed control using
systemd scripts to control. I'd be willing to explain that setup too.

Let me know.

BAJ

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 11:27:19AM -0400, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> I like it! Add me to your organizer list.
>
> I can help with R-pi v2 OSMC installs (Kodi for r-pi), assuming the
> location and time work.
>
> I would be very interested in a MythTV installfest. My 3 attempts
> failed, but at the time didn't have a fully supported tuner. Been using
> a proprietary recording solution which has free schedule data since
> 2009-ish, but would love to switch. Have 4 network-based tuners now, so
> running both systems concurrently should be possible most of the time.
>
> Any other volunteers willing to help?
>
> BTW, I've been to a few AAUG meetings and the VoIP conference. ;)
>

> On 08/22/2016 10:15 AM, H P Ladds wrote:
> > Hey DJ,
> >
> > In the past, as my way of giving back to the Linux/OS Community, I
> > helped organize various "Fest:" traditional Linux InstallFests, MythTV
> > InstallFest and Asterisk InstallFest -- which Steve Henke of AAUG
> > <http://www.meetup.com/atlaug/> then managed and grew to be an annual
> > VOIP Conference.
> >
> > Lets tie-in with the local maker community and have an "Embedded
> > (System, OS, Device, TBA) Installfest."  The cornerstone of the event
> > will be Linux From Scratch installations, but certainly folks would be
> > welcome to bring various devices and try to bring them to life with
> > Linux and some help from their friends.
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 9:07 AM, DJ-Pfulio <djpfulio at jdpfu.com
> > <mailto:djpfulio at jdpfu.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Great!  How can I help you make this happen?
> >
> >     On 08/22/2016 08:35 AM, H P Ladds wrote:
> >     > Hey DJ,
> >     >
> >     > How about an InstallFest for the intermediate user? I've been
> >     hoping to do a
> >     > "Linux From Scratch" install forever.
> >     >

> Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media
> centers, and servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT
> professionals.

Byron A. Jeff
Associate Professor: Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
College of Information and Mathematical Sciences
Clayton State University
http://faculty.clayton.edu/bjeff