[ale] 2016 InstallFest

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Aug 22 11:27:19 EDT 2016

I like it! Add me to your organizer list.

I can help with R-pi v2 OSMC installs (Kodi for r-pi), assuming the
location and time work.

I would be very interested in a MythTV installfest. My 3 attempts
failed, but at the time didn't have a fully supported tuner. Been using
a proprietary recording solution which has free schedule data since
2009-ish, but would love to switch. Have 4 network-based tuners now, so
running both systems concurrently should be possible most of the time.

Any other volunteers willing to help?

BTW, I've been to a few AAUG meetings and the VoIP conference. ;)

On 08/22/2016 10:15 AM, H P Ladds wrote:
> Hey DJ,
>
> In the past, as my way of giving back to the Linux/OS Community, I
> helped organize various "Fest:" traditional Linux InstallFests, MythTV
> InstallFest and Asterisk InstallFest -- which Steve Henke of AAUG
> <http://www.meetup.com/atlaug/> then managed and grew to be an annual
> VOIP Conference.
>
> Lets tie-in with the local maker community and have an "Embedded
> (System, OS, Device, TBA) Installfest."  The cornerstone of the event
> will be Linux From Scratch installations, but certainly folks would be
> welcome to bring various devices and try to bring them to life with
> Linux and some help from their friends.
>

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 9:07 AM, DJ-Pfulio <djpfulio at jdpfu.com
> <mailto:djpfulio at jdpfu.com>> wrote:
>
>     Great!  How can I help you make this happen?
>
>     On 08/22/2016 08:35 AM, H P Ladds wrote:
>     > Hey DJ,
>     >
>     > How about an InstallFest for the intermediate user? I've been
>     hoping to do a
>     > "Linux From Scratch" install forever.
>     >

Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media
centers, and servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT
professionals.