[ale] [OT] Cell phones

Ted W. ted-lists at xy0.org
Thu Aug 18 10:49:10 EDT 2016

If you're considering switching your main system to a Mac, there's more
incentive to be on iPhone than not. Even if you're on Linux, I would
argue that the iPhone is a better all around device. I've been on iPhone for
5 years now. My reasons are:

 * Better security OOB than an Android phone
 * Works better under Linux than any Android phone I've owned previously
 * Better build quality than any Android phone I've owned previously
 * Better battery life than any Android phone I've owned previously

I'm sure plenty of people with disagree with my points above but after
using an iPhone and Android side-by-side for a year at my previous
employer, that was my experience. When I left that company and it came time
to replace the company provided phone, I stuck with Apple and bought a
refurbished, unlocked, iPhone 6 off Ebay for the same price as a new,
unlocked, Nexus phone.

I will add the caveat that my last experience with Android was over 4
years ago. I've heard thing have improved but have no first hand
experience to speak from.

These are my $0.02,
Ted