[ale] [OT] Cell phones

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:17:02 EDT 2016

My current Galaxy S3 from Verizon hasn't been OS patched in a while and
has been dropped more than once. A replacement might be good. Looking at
the Verizon pages and doing the math, an unlocked S4 or S5 might be a
good deal. I try to keep stuff until it dies and may do some overseas
travel.

Is the plan to buy my own and use it with Verizon feasible? What other
things should I look at? The goal is an Android based phone with a
pretty simple usage pattern; text, calls, web, and one 3rd party app.

On a different note, my wife wants me to move to Mac and iPhone. I'm a
fledgling writer and most of the tools real writers use don't work on
CentOS.  :(  So, is there a reason for Android, in that I'm not at the
level of writing my own apps for it?

Thanks!

Leam