[ale] Microsoft proves crypto backdoors are a bad

DjPfulio DjPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Aug 10 11:58:45 EDT 2016

Saw this on another  list. Didn't know if the op was OK w/ his info on here.
Finally free !

"Microsoft leaked the golden keys that unlock Windows-powered tablets, phones and other devices sealed by Secure Boot"

"These skeleton keys can be used to install non-Redmond operating systems on locked-down computers. In other words, on devices that do not allow you to disable Secure Boot even if you have administrator rights - such as ARM-based Windows RT tablets - it is now possible to sidestep this block and run, say, GNU/Linux or Android."

Bungling Microsoft singlehandedly proves that golden backdoor keys are a terrible idea
Redmond races to revoke Secure Boot debug policy
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/08/10/microsoft_secure_boot_ms16_100/