[ale] OT: Google Fiber has arrived in Atlanta

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Aug 11 11:55:13 EDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:28:53AM -0400, Brian Stanaland wrote:
> I doubt Google will move into my town. I have three choices. Charter, AT&T,
> and Newnan Utilities.

Where I intend to move [1], I have exactly one real choice -- Windstream
DSL maxing out at 12/1Mbps -- and that only became available a couple of
years ago thanks to an FCC grant.

Well there's also cellular (Verizon only) and satellite, but they'd
bankrupt me...

[1] Navigation directions include the phrase "turn off the paved road"
    near the edge of a sparsely-populated, mostly-agricultural county,
    so it's bloody unlikely we'll ever get anything else.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^