[ale] gddrescue

dev null zero two dev.null.02 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 23:52:01 EDT 2016

yes. store image file and log file on known good disk. try with -n first to
grab as much good data as possible first in the case of the drive getting
worse over time. afterwards try without -n and then play with other
parameters. use a logical data recovery tool on the resulting image if
there was moderate physical damage and the image file is incomplete.

Sent from my mobile. Please excuse the brevity, spelling, and punctuation.