[ale] Anybody Using Google Fi

George P. Burdell info+lug at southeastlinuxfest.org
Mon Aug 8 14:44:16 EDT 2016

My /dev/sig0 uses Fi and loves it, particularly given the amount of
international travel she does (it's really unbeatable on international
travel).   There is some wonkiness from time to time ... for a day more or
less data was just totally unreliable.   But for half as much and double
the coverage and unbeatable international coverage ..... you can't really
go wrong.

I would advise a bit of caution if you're buying a phone to go with it now.
  New Nexus models are coming very soon, and so you can either get more
better newer (and maybe Android VR certified?) models soon or get the
current stuff for cheaper if you're willing to wait.