[ale] Comcast IPv6

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Fri Apr 8 17:36:16 EDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 03:55:09PM -0400, chip wrote:
> I was under the impression that Comcast had pretty much rolled out IPv6
> across its network.  Just need to make sure you have a modem/router capable
> of supporting it.

I've had IPv6 enabled for at least six months on my Comcast Business
connection, but I'm still using the Hurricane Electric tunnel I've had
running for the past couple of years or so.

And that's because, as of Q4 2015, Comcast still doesn't assign static
IPv6 blocks... which makes it rather useless for my needs.

 - Solomon [paying through the nose for static IPv4...]
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^