[ale] Determining a scripts language?

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Apr 6 18:56:04 EDT 2016

Oh - the requirements changed? Not unusual. I was confused by the original
requirements saying

       "change the ending of a script to ".txt" "

<rbg>

Sounds like you want to copy the file, not change it. I do this all the time.
Don't forget that extensions mean nothing to Unix. Look for the #! line at the
top to determine the real language. Ignore any bogus extensions. Heck, lots of
old-timers don't put any extensions on their scripts.

Will you be leveraging the built-in documentation tools for each scripting
language?  Perldoc for example?  Those tools should have a way to read the
script and dump the documentation somewhere else.