[ale] Xfinity Modem -- lease or buy recoomendations

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Sep 28 14:04:16 EDT 2015

On 09/28/2015 01:35 PM, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> I doubt Comcast will provision DOCSISv2 modems anymore. They hog
> channels, unlike v3 which can dynamically move channels which helps
> manage bandwidth on the network better.

Plus DOCSISv3 has encryption from your house to their plant and
different v3 modems can support different/more channel bonding. For GigE
speeds, that becomes important.  For less than 50Mbps, not so much.

The 300Mbps motorola is $10 more than the slower one.

I was looking for v3.1 modems last week - didn't see any yet. 10G
speeds. 2016.