[ale] VOID linux, was: Re: Origins of Linux, do we care?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Sep 25 20:09:26 EDT 2015

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 19:31:47 -0400
Paul Cartwright <pbcartwright at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to install the I686 void on my older laptop that is dual-boot
> XP/Ubuntu. I have an existing /dev/sda2 "/" and /dev/sda5 /home.
> when I got to the part about void partitioning. I selected sda2, and
> whether I selected format or not, every time I said OK, it flashed to
> a terminal window with an LVMetads error... something about it being
> locked & needed to be restarted.. not sure how I could do that in the
> middle of the install script.

While installing a new Void on a Qemu VM, I too saw three lvmetads
warnings, or something like that (I couldn't press Ctrl+S fast enough).
But it was a *warning*. After about a minute, the install proceeded.
Why don't you wait about 5 minutes and see if it eventually proceeds.
By the way, if you're using a VM without hardware assistance, that 5
minutes would be more like 30.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust