[ale] VOID linux, was: Re: Origins of Linux, do we care?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Sep 25 16:38:10 EDT 2015

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 15:34:34 -0400
Paul Cartwright <pbcartwright at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/24/2015 07:12 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> > To get familiar with chroot installs, start by reading (and maybe
> > following along with):
> >
> > * http://troubleshooters.com/linux/diy/plopinst.htm
> <sigh>.. well, I tried that, but it says sshfs not found, and
> xbps-install sshfs failed...

Then do this:

xbps-install fuse-sshfs

Stop, perform the preceding command, and then after you do it, read the
rest of this message...

You're probably wondering what hat I pulled that rabbit out of. I used
the following command:

xbps-query -Rs sshfs

The preceding command listed this package:

 fuse-sshfs-2.5_4 FUSE client based on the SSH File Transfer Protocol

xbps-query -Rs and xbps-query -o are hugely productive in finding "what
package sounds like whatever" (-Rs) and "what package yields file
whatever (-o).

HTH

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust