[ale] Origins of Linux, do we care?

Preston preston.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:47:12 EDT 2015

On 9/18/2015 12:00 PM, James Sumners wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 11:16 AM, leam hall <leamhall at gmail.com
> <mailto:leamhall at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     systemd bothers me at a visceral level
>

> I am moving to Void Linux[1] for my personal projects specifically
> because of it. First up, my "router" build. Then my VPS instance and my
> HTPC. I will have to deal with this systemd crap at work when I
> eventually have to use RHEL7, but I will not continue to use it outside
> of work.
>
> [1] -- http://www.voidlinux.eu/
>
> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.sumners.info/ (technical profile)
> http://jrfom.com/ (personal site)
> http://haplo.bandcamp.com/ (band page)

ohhh, there's a "Voidbang" (V!) for those of us that used to use
CrunchBang (#!).

http://bbs.archbang.org/viewtopic.php?id=5268

Definitely will be checking out Void Linux on a test machine or two.

Preston
--
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.