[ale] new tablet

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 14:01:43 EDT 2015

On 09/14/2015 01:43 PM, Chuck Payne wrote:
> I have a new Samsung 10.5 ( Galaxy Tab S) from T-Mobile so far I am
> loving it, not as bad as I thought, not the bloat ware, but they do
> want you to use their app store for a lot of things. It helps that I
> am running Android 4.4.2.  They are using part of the Storage now for
> memory so you should never try to fill the pad up.
I put most of my STUFF.... mostly photos, on an SD card.. for portability..

> I have a Winbook from Microcenter 8" that just go updated to windows
> 10, that ok. I use for when I have to access my switches as they only
> play nice with Windozes.   You can use up to 64G SD card and install
> it only. It only had 2gigs not a power horse. I have install a few GNU
> Windows Apps like VLC and been happy with it. I am still trying to
> figure the bios setting so I can install Linux on it.
yeah, NO, just say NO to windoz tablets.

> I have to take care of the Apple iPads, I don't like them because they
> are so closed. With my other tablets I can swap sd cards and read
> comics and e-books, ipab well I am not going to convert to buy another
> copy because it closed.
my wife has an Ipad, will probably upgrade when new models come out. I
think hers is an Ipad 3, about 3 years old.

> We have a Dell Venue 11" with Docking stations, only thing I don't
> like is the weight, it is heavy. I am fixing to do a try and buy for
> Dell Latitude 13" 2 and 1, that like the Asus Transform Tablets, that
> I loved back in the day, but since I only got up Android 4, a lot of
> apps are getting dated.
I was looking at Dell Venue 5000 & 7000.. looks intersting..

> Not to start another string but I really wish Android get off it ass
> let you update like Windows and iOS, I hate this buy it and never
> upgrade bs that seem to be the model of the phones and tablets. I love
> Android, but I am just tried of shelling out cash to be current.
try Nexus 9 tablet, always get the latest & greatest kernel.. I just
wish it was a Nexus 10...

--
Paul Cartwright