[ale] Centos 6 system on HP Pavillion - NIC chip appears to be going south - options?

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sun Sep 13 17:23:11 EDT 2015

Check your available modules and use a chip which can be driven. Realtek chips are relatively safe as they use the same ones for a long long time.

A diagnostic for you: does removal and reinsertion of module work? That'd be able to eliminate many aspects (but not all) of software causes. I don't believe it's possible to do a power cycle from software on the PCI-e bus, or if suggest that as an interim solution. If you bounce the chip as soon as malfunction is detected most tcp sessions will survive it.

Sent from my iPhone