[ale] RFC: Increase message post limit by 15KB?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Sep 13 07:26:41 EDT 2015

On 09/13/2015 07:10 AM, Leam Hall wrote:
> I would prefer to drop it by 15k so mailers that added all the cruft
> would die off. Really.

We are talking KBs here.  I don't know about others, but sometimes
reviewing old posts in in the ALE mail archives is helpful and some of
those well-written, longer posts are useful. Disagreements/discussions
showing 2 of the 500 sides to an argument are helpful too, provided it
is about the topic and not any individual.

We don't have to read every post as it comes in, but having them for
later can be nice.

My 280 character post was meant as a joke. This post went way over that
limit.