[ale] [Fwd: Advertising on ale.org] - OT MS vs Apple vs Linux/UNIX

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat Sep 12 17:16:36 EDT 2015

On Sat, 2015-09-12 at 16:21 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> I understand you're probably init agnostic, and that's fine. But you
> need to be thankful for the people working hard to provide
> alternatives
> to the Redhat funded juggernaut, because if Redhat ever succeeds in
> eliminating alternatives to systemd, they'll have a monopoly on
> Linux.
> Most entities who gain a monopoly do not behave well, and the user
> pays
> the price.
Wow.
Just, wow.
I'm not sure which of my responses hit the moderator queue, but I'm
sure you won't bother to read it anyway.
"Juggernaut"?  Something that weighs in less than busybox *hardly*
qualifies.  Something that can be replaced by busybox hardly qualifies!
Monopoly?  You DO know RH didn't write systemd, yeah?
What. The. $*@).
I'm not even going to bother to read you anymore, since you clearly hav
en't bothered to read me.