[ale] RFC: Increase message post limit by 15KB?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat Sep 12 17:12:32 EDT 2015

Hi,

I realize this is a corner case, but one of my emails in the previous
thread that was long hit the 40K limit due to the fact that I did not
trim (but I did not do so because it happened to be rather
relevant...).

I've actually hit that limit 2 or 3 times in the past year, and only
ever gone over it by a few K, never more than 10.

Any discussion on whether anyone thinks the 40K limit is cool as is, or
if it maybe could/should be bumped by 10 or 15K?

Additionally, is the mailing software we use able to return the message
that hit the filter, so that I know which of my long-winded replies
actually didn't come through?