[ale] [Fwd: Advertising on ale.org] - OT MS vs Apple vs Linux/UNIX

damon at damtek.com damon at damtek.com
Sat Sep 12 15:17:46 EDT 2015

Ahhh. No
It is in response to the long thread and the strong opinions in the thread and in fact was not directed at you or anybody else specifically.  And IAW Godwin's law, I have now lost the debate.  Seriously, it was merely meant in jest.
Don't like systemd, don't use it. Like systemd, use it. I prefer for the OS to get out of my way, what ever the under pinning are.
I mostly switch between init and systemd at home and work. I can run any distribution at home I desire. I just don't care about the init system, only caring about how I need to interact with it.
As for your last name, it's just a name holding no significance to me at all? I don't know if you are implying you are German or perhaps Jewish? Never crossed my mind and is not relevant to invoking Godwin's law.
I think you did a good job in supporting your views in light of the strength of emotional opinion in the other camp.  Sorry you are not familiar with Godwin's law and did not find it at least slightly humorus and in fact took it as a personal attack, which I have never taken part in in my nearly decade long association with ALE.