[ale] [Fwd: Advertising on ale.org] - OT MS vs Apple vs Linux/UNIX

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat Sep 12 08:26:12 EDT 2015

One why I deal with user issues is to provide functionality that a user knows while increasing their options.

rc.local is an example where I would have maintained support for a script that is executed at the end of every other script.
Even if there is a way to do this in systemd after writing a script with certain options I would have created this for the user and put it in the distro as /etc/rc.local or /etc/rc.local is a symlink to the systemd script. This eases the transistion of the user into something knew with familiarity.