[ale] [Fwd: Advertising on ale.org] - OT MS vs Apple vs Linux/UNIX

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Sep 11 23:11:13 EDT 2015

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:19:33 +0000
"Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner at dsservices.com> wrote:

> Well when major distros like the ones you've listed commit to not use
> it this is clearly the death knell for systemd.  :p
>
> Seriously - learn to love systemd - it is NOT the great evil people
> that haven't tried it suggest it is.

This response is *precisely* what I was talking about. With any other
software, those who don't like it are told "fine, if you don't like
Vim, use Emacs". But here, we're told "learn to love it", as if
systemd's world domination is inevitable, and refusal to accept that
conclusion is a personal deficit.

If no architectural reason existed to shun systemd, the preceding
attitude would be more than enough.

When a salesman implies that I have no choice, I walk away. It's the
only prudent way to handle the situation, to prevent the salesman's
words from becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust