[ale] Buy your wifi routers now...

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 10:49:42 EDT 2015

So reading through this it appears the purpose is to keep people from
modifying the firmware of the radio itself, not the packet processing
capabilities.  Basically, don't allow unauthorized modification of the
radio's firmware to exceed or operate outside of FCC required ranges.  The
documentation specifically calls out UNII devices, which is a 5Ghz wireless
device.

--chip

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Charles Shapiro <hooterpincher at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Kill this law. Kill it now. Kill it with fire.
>
> https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Save_WiFi/
>
> -- CHS
>
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 10:21 AM, DJ-Pfulio <DJPfulio at jdpfu.com> wrote:

>> http://hackaday.com/2015/08/31/fcc-introduces-rules-banning-wifi-router-firmware-modification/
>> > suggestions on a cheap one to buy to keep as a spare??
>> >

>> For inside your LAN, doesn't matter much.
>>
>> For the edge router, build a pfsense box and use a separate wifi-AP.

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....