[ale] sudo for a group to user how to please

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 19:40:07 EDT 2015

Friends:

Thank You folks for your time and reading this email.

Here is the scenario

I have a machine with a user call vips

This vips user has sudo on the box to do pretty much anything
vips ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL

I have two other users narahari and zikka

narahari and zikka belong to puppet-folks user group

pupppet-folks:x:2100:narahari,zikka

The entry in the sudoers file is
%pupppet-folks ALL = (vips) ALL

When I login as narahari on to the box, and I try the following command

narahari at cdl-pid-c1-02:~> sudo su -u virtual
narahari's password:
Sorry, user narahari is not allowed to execute '/bin/su -u virtual' as root
on cdl-pid-c1-02.

I am at a loss.  The idea is that either narahari or zikka logs in they
should be able to get to a shell for the vips user.

If not the shell, at least something like sudo su -u vips bash -c
"/home/vips/cool/loveTheWorld.sh"

Please provide some thoughts or if I am going about this the wrong way
correct me please.

-Narahari