[ale] Republicans’ “Internet Freedom Act” would wipe out net neutrality | Ars Technica

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sat Mar 7 19:07:42 EST 2015

Remember also that prior to Judge Greene's ruling, you could not have
owned your own equipment, run down to the nearest electronics store to
buy any phone you wanted, or even really plugged standard modems into
the system.  That Racal Milgo wasn't going to be plugged into the wall
prior to Greene.  The proliferation of high speed and DSL modems and,
subsequently, the expansion of Internet service is a result of that
ruling (cable companies only jumping aboard much later when they saw the
potential revenue stream).