[ale] Republicans’ “Internet Freedom Act” would wipe out net neutrality | Ars Technica

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sat Mar 7 08:29:33 EST 2015

On 03/07/2015 08:08 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> The Republican definition of freedom generally refers only to owners and never
> to users.

If there is plenty of competition - perhaps 10 competitors, I don't have an
issue with the network owner being allowed to seek niche spaces in the market.
Some people may want to pay to have proactive blocking? I dunno.

When there are fewer competitors, or an effective monopoly (like we have with
broadband service in the USA), the customers may need protections - mainly after
the company has proven to be anti-customer in the past on numerous occasions.
Competition is clearly not working in those cases.