[ale] can this install be saved?

coverturtle coverturtle at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:52:37 EST 2015

Here's a thought: be flexible.  Install the raid on one of the machines
to give
the students familiarity with the performance of one verses the other.
On the other machine(s?) create a server install on one of the disks,
a desktop on another, and so one.

on the single disks use the main one to have the same file system
(Ext4 for example) as the raid for comparison.
On the remaining single disks, try btrfs and others,
possibly with desktop versions of ubuntu.

Remember, desktop versions can support X-windows which supports
remote logins.

Just a thought.  YMMV!  Good luck and have fun!