[ale] Android backup

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Mar 4 11:22:00 EST 2015

On 03/04/2015 11:00 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
>> > adb will backup a phone.
>> > Don't forget to backup APKs - sometimes the older one is better than the "new" one.
> adb ?? is that an app?

No - it is an android development tool ... that happens to do backups too.

If you've ever allowed an update to occur on the device, the APK is different
now.  Get all the current ones off the device too. that's an ADB option, but
there are other tools which do it too.

I have a non-root'd Nexus 4 - most backup apps require root and I have not been
impressed with their capabilities.  For example, none get my /etc/hosts file ...
except adb.