[ale] Android backup

Preston preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 09:25:21 EST 2015

On 3/4/2015 5:45 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> ok, just say I have this OLD Galaxy S3, and I might be getting a nice
> new HTC One (M9) soon... probably start over with apps, reload email
> accounts, probably NOT Facebook ( keep it on the tablet).. I have my
> contacts backed up to the SD card.. what else should I backup & how??
> I actually copied ALL the files from the phone to a folder on my
> computer, all 4 GB.. not sure what I can do with those. suggestions??

You can make an image of your Android phone with NANDroid. I'm going to
do this soon with my Nexus 5 because I'm swapping to CyanogenMod.

http://trendblog.net/android-guide-make-nandroid-backup-android-phone/
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/what-is-a-nandroid-backup-and-how-exactly-does-it-work/

I also use the following apps:
+Backup Contacts (yes, I know Google has the info, but I'm cautious)
Call Logs Backup & Restore (nice to my call information with new phone)
SMS Backup & Restore (so I'll have my text messages on new phone)

I've not tried the Ultimate Backup Tool from xda, but will probably give
it a go (never can have too many backups).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1844032

Not sure if that's much help, but it's what I've done in the past.

Preston

--
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss