[ale] Recommendations for my next distro?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Mar 1 09:44:34 EST 2015

Nice comparison, thanks!

The use of all that java in Redhat enterprise solutions really bothers me.
OTOH, FreeIPA has me really jealous.  For things that should be cross platform,
seems odd they won't run on Debian. Might as well stay with AD.

I expect that virt-manager would get cumbersome with more than 20 physical
systems and 100+ VMs or so. I like that different systems can provide different
permissions, but dislike that if you can admin 1 VM on the physical server, then
you can admin them all.

The VMware enterprise stuff is nice (it should be for those costs!!!!) - mainly
because of the migration from release to release isn't usually painful like it
is with openstack (so I hear). Migrations in openstack are .... non-existent.
Basically, you have to build a fresh infra for a new openstack. Seems like folks
would setup a migration hop technique.

--
Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media centers, and
servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT professionals.