[ale] CAD / CAM Solutions

Jim Butler jimbutler1234567890 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 14:23:50 EDT 2015

Hello everyone.

I am looking to find out if anyone can identify or recommend the best CAD
and CAM software available that runs on Linux. I need to be able to scan
physical models that I have made (in 2d or 3d - doesn't matter) but in high
resolution and create specs for use so that a CNC laser cutter can produce
exact copies. It would be an added plus if I can take the multiple pieces
including scans and pieces I am designing in software, and then let me
assemble them in 3d to demonstrate how it will function.
It can be open-source or proprietary but it HAS TO run on a Linux
workstation, and be an industry quality solution.
Any help here would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Jim Butlet