[ale] Earthlink Issues

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jun 17 14:15:50 EDT 2015

Anyone having problems with Earthlink?

We were having problems accessing mail since they host our DNS details on dns1 and
dns2.earthlink.net.  Neither of those servers respond to pink or lookups now.
Earthlink's website does disclose some issues that started around 12:30 for web and email
customers, but do not go into details.

2 hours down so far and it seems serious.  We have backup methods to email.  Anyone have
any details on this?

Right now Earthlink is providing me simply DNS services.  I'm forwarding web and email
off them.  I've been planning to deprecate their services since August, but due to
needing to be around a whole weekend to make sure it is working I've pushed it off.  Gut
tells me I need to move this project to the front burner...

Chris