[ale] Comcast Business service

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Sat Jun 13 00:11:22 EDT 2015

Hey ALEers,

    I'm looking to move my residential class service to business class
so I can get static IP and host a server or three from here without the
inbound port blockages. Curious of anyone who has their business class
service currently/recently as my existing modem is listed on their
device info as approved for the business level service I'm looking at
and I'll have a Cisco ASA sitting behind it to terminate as the modem
just bridges. I was just informed that they can't provide me static IP
addresses if I provide my own equipment, which as an IT professional I
find questionable but okay. Looking to see what equipment they provide
to see if it's better than my own equipment and also reports of whether
anyone has been able to manage their provided equipment themselves (ie-
I don't want a device on my network I can't manage, especially if it's
providing firewall and routing capabilities).