[ale] Blender and GPU.... What to buy?

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Jun 8 22:28:16 EDT 2015

I am more worried about the console system putting it in consideration as a virtual terminal. If no monitor is connected, will it ignore it, or will it assume a non compliant monitor and start up at a low resolution? Or will it be completely ignored for display by the firmware and kernel console?

I do a lot of framebuffer (non-DRM/KMS for now) and so if the kernel ignores it, cool. If not it could be an issue if the system decides to try to use the device.

Is it possible to tell the kernel "don't use this for display purposes, I just want it as a processor?"

Sent from my iPhone