[ale] help, windows 7 boot error

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 12:32:20 EST 2015

On 01/26/2015 12:17 PM, Phil Turmel wrote:
> I missed the bit about the third drive.  Yes, if /dev/sda and the old
> drive can be completed unmounted in your current booted system, no
> reason not to do it as you just described.
the sequence is.. I had Windows 7 on the original drive. Added linux,
ran out of space... added a second drive, more linux partitions, started
booting off of the 2nd drive. replaced the original sda with with NEW
3TB drive.. tried to clonzilla windows, it puked.. copied all the old
windows files in, it still puked. still booting linux on sdb, so sda is
pretty much spare. I can plug in the original drive via USB so I can
actually have all 3 drives available. I did that to copy the windows
partition back & forth..
so I think dd might work... let me think about that:)

--
Paul Cartwright