[ale] Still using plain FTP? Why?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Jan 20 13:51:42 EST 2015

On 01/20/2015 11:00 AM, Raj Wurttemberg wrote:
> Ahh.. yeah, I should have mentioned that I have the destination as an NFS
> mount, so I am not actually SSH'ing to the destination :)

You may have in another thread that I wasn't watching too closely.

If the target appears to be on the same machine (via mount), then rsync
behaviour is extremely different. Definitely RTFM carefully to see if that is
what you want.  For example, it doesn't do diff-copies. It just copies the
entire file again.