[ale] weird address issue

Brian Schenken brian.schenken at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 10:22:31 EST 2015

It could have been some sort of hack, but it would have had to use
Thunderbird I would think...  I've deliberately created a similar effect
when I was repairing an email client's address autocomplete feature. Some
people aren't patient enough to let the email client rebuild it's
autocomplete list over time.  So, I set the email server to drop all
messages with a certain subject, and then sent an email from their client
to all of their contacts over the last few years (A list I created).  The
message never made it past the server because of the subject, and the email
client's autocomplete was rebuilt by that single email.

If something managed to send out a similar bulk email from your
Thunderbird, and then somehow delete itself to cover it's tracks - your
altered autocomplete database may be a clue.