[ale] PATA to SATA adapters?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Thu Jan 8 16:12:54 EST 2015

Same thing, it takes a SATA drive and turns it into an IDE/PATA
compatible unit.  The giveaway is the 40 pin male header and the SATA
connector being female (to mate with the male SATA connectors on the
drive).  The adapter that goes the desired direction (IDE drive to SATA)
will have a 40 pin female header and male SATA connectors identical to
those on a SATA drive.

Here's one I found on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/IDE-SATA-Adapter/dp/B000RK89M4

It claims to be bidirectional (stick it on the IDE header on the
motherboard and serve up a SATA port or hang it on the back of an IDE
drive and make it a SATA drive).

There should be other similar but the connectors are the