[ale] Monitoring dhcpd.leases file?

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Mon Jan 5 17:46:16 EST 2015

Out of curiosity, did you look at using OMAPI and/or the dhcpctl API directly, instead of parsing the leases file?

Failing that, I'd try using the 'tail -f' command or it's programmatic equivalent (I think it's seeking to the end of the file and just sleeping on feof(), but it's been awhile since I've looked.)  The version of 'tail' I've got (from GNU core utils) also supports a 'tail --follow=name' to handle file rotations.

later!
   horkan