[ale] All you Comcast fanboys...

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Fri Jan 2 17:09:07 EST 2015

On 01/02/2015 03:41 PM, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> Business class, man…. business class.  I just have no issues with any of that
> since I went business class.  Static IP, and no issues with support or the
> wifi silliness.

But there are still unannounced outages (very occasionally) and my January bill
had an unexplained hike inside.

I have a /29 from them so cannot bring my own device. THEY manage the routes and
don't provide any useful admin access - they keep changing my password and after
3 hrs with some tier-3 guy in Texas holiday morning, we were unable to figure
out what the magic incantation was to have my password taken.

To me, that router is a bridge.

BTW, when I had residential and my own modem, found out that CSRs could login
and do stuff remotely without me providing them any passwords. Pissed me off. My
equipment - keep your hands off without asking.  OTOH, their network.