[ale] All you Comcast fanboys...

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 15:45:26 EST 2015

If you live out pass Buford like me, most of the homes were build with
fiber to the house, and it SUCKS!!! I was shocked that here where no pops
our here. When I lived in Norcross, I got 6MB on Net2ATL, went I moved to
Dacula, the best I could get was 2MB Next2ATL Because of the first , I only
stay with them until I could take it any more move to Comcast Business for
16MB, I keep getting calls I can get a better rate for 50MB, but my 5
statics makes it $150 ( 50MBD/10MBU, Comcast Cast Modem, and 5 Statics).  I
help my ex get cable for her and the kids, they get 50MB for $54 a month.
If I wasn't running a few servers in my house I would move to plain jane
cable service.

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 3:12 PM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Michael H. Warfield <mhw at wittsend.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I don't recall seeing anything in the news recommending
>> recording every single support call you make with AT&T but it seems to
>> be the standing rave with Comcast.  I also haven't seen too many (any?)
>> support call fails with AT&T going viral like they are with Comcast
>> happening with too frequent regularity.
>>

> Because everyone gave up long ago on AT&T and their shenanigans.
>
> A couple months ago an AT&T rep knocked on my door to tell me they had
> "just run fiber to my neighborhood". I had to flat out tell her that's
> bullshit. 1) There had been zero work by AT&T happening in my neighborhood.
> 2) There isn't any new equipment in the air or any newly covered trenches
> on the ground. Comcast lies, but AT&T had the audacity to knock on my door
> and lie to my face.
>
> [1] -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT&T_U-verse#Internet
>

> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
> personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
> corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
> condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

678 636 9678
openSUSE -- Terrorpup
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want to
package and distribute , or create your own linux distro. Give SUSE Studio
a try.