[ale] ALE-* dying?

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 11:55:17 EST 2015

Want an outsiders opinion?

Whether or not ALE meetings continue I personally find the mailing list
very useful. It's my "go to" resource for linux stuff that isn't distro
specific or when I want an educated but diverse set of opinions.

The question every organization; be it business, government, or social,
must answer is "why do we exist?". The answer changes, often faster than
the organization. Some orgs die, some linger on, and a few actually
manage to grow through change.

There have always been lower grade admins. The same goes for
programmers, "business analysts", writers, educators, etc. There are
lots of needs out there; slow websites, where to find the best hosting
package, open source project needs devs/testers/docs, small office
networking, the list goes on.

For a group of people who help others succeed, the members need chances
to help and time to grow themselves. So my recommendation would be to
take a group look at the options, figure out what is fun for you, and
start moving in that direction.

Leam

--
http://31challenge.net