[ale] New Build - Plex Server Transcoding - NAS

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Sat Feb 28 06:18:58 EST 2015

Appreciated.
>> Unknown encoder 'h264_qsv'

Not willing to use non-code programs/libraries on my systems anymore - if it
isn't in the repo or a trusted PPA, no thanks. QSV isn't part of the core ffmpeg
yet. I did my time in the mid-90s compiling special versions of almost
everything. Never again.

I did some reading about it - the plex devs seem to think it is only a 13%
improvement over their current transcoding method. Don't know if that is true.

OTOH, this may help others.