[ale] DRBD - anyone using this?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Feb 20 15:11:55 EST 2015

On 02/20/2015 02:36 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-02-20 at 14:14 -0500, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
>> On 02/20/2015 01:12 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>>> Always mounted with hard instead of soft. Automount would remount after switchover.
>>
>> Soft mounts for block storage like that would be bad.
>> Sorta like people that use NFS over wifi are asking for corruption.
>
> Wowch! CIFS over wifi would be as bad if not worse. But, ouch!
>
> ooOOoo!! A windows server with "services for Unix" NFS providing NFS
> over wifi. Might as well make it mission critical and sensitive data
> while we're at it.

For read-only mounts, not so worried ... good enough for media files, but there
are lots of people who think wifi is stable and use it for r/w file servers.  Ok
- so these are ubuntu users, but still ...

I miss the "spongy" mount option from amd.  Acts like a hard mount most of the
time, but has a timeout that doesn't lock up a system completely.

--
Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media centers, and
servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT professionals.