[ale] DRBD - anyone using this?

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 12:31:38 EST 2015

Jim,

The issue I ran into was nfs stale mounts if it flipped or restart, how did
you get pass that?

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2015-02-20 at 10:05 -0600, Preston wrote:
> > whoops, i meant "replicate". :D
>
> Ha!
>
> I've not used it for replicating live DB stuff, only file-shares. It
> worked well for that and NFS was the mounting method.
> >
> > On 2/20/2015 9:21 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> >
> > > It's NOT a backup tool! It's like RAID but across multiple
> > > machines.
> > >
> > > On February 20, 2015 10:17:30 AM EST, Preston
> > > <preston.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >         Hey folks,
> > >
> > >         I'm curious if anyone here is using DRBD. If so, what are
> > >         your experiences?
> > >
> > >         I'm looking at it to back up various SQL databases.
> > >
> > >         Preston
> > >         --
> > >         Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind
> don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
> > >         -Dr. Seuss

> > > --
> > > Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my
> > > brevity.

> > --
> > Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t
> matter and those who matter don’t mind.
> > -Dr. Seuss

> James P. Kinney III
>
> Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you
> gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on his
> own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
> - Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
>
> http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

678 636 9678
openSUSE -- Terrorpup
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want to
package and distribute , or create your own linux distro. Give SUSE Studio
a try.