[ale] creating an init.d script

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Feb 17 16:40:50 EST 2015

On 02/17/2015 04:31 PM, Todor Fassl wrote:
> Sorry, I use ubuntu server. But I thought my question was unique to
> debian/ubuntu. That is why I didn't bother specifying. I thought other linux
> systems had a completely different system for starting/stopping daemons.

Nope. They may have a different name, but they are basically the same. Startup
scripts have been similar across Unix-like systems since at least 1990, probably
much longer than that.

--
Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media centers, and
servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT professionals.