[ale] QCOW2 Performance?

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Feb 13 19:00:47 EST 2015

Additionally, actually defragging windows inside of a qcow2 is bad performance-wise: the guest FS will be defragmenter, but the qcow2 file will be more fragmented, invalidating Windows assumptions which necessitate defragmentation on bare metal I the first place. If the guest is de fragged, the qcow2 image must also be de fragged in order to make windows performance assumptions valid again.

Sent from my iPhone