[ale] [ALE] Linux happy scanner with dual sided sheet feed?

Todor Fassl fassl.tod at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 09:07:34 EST 2015

It's unclear to me how scanning the tests and homework is going to
help.  But I think the OP wants the documents scanned after he grades
them and adds his comments.

The only thing I can figure is that the program chairs are asking him
why he flunked some kid and he doesn't have a copy of the kid's tests to
show. I guess the culture is different at different schools but where I
work, the kid would have to produce the documents. I suppose they could
alter the documents but they'd get kicked out of school if they got
caught. It wouldn't be worth it for a couple of points.

Anyway, I think the technological solution will depend upon what exactly
the problem is. I think the problem we are trying to solve here is not
so much preventing fraud but more just keeping a copy of the graded test
or assignment for his own records.  Scanning the documents before
grading might work against you. The second time you grade a test or
homework assignment, you might not do it exactly the same and that would
lend credibility to the student's case.

PS: A good way to deal with grade lawyers is to take a look at their
paper and say, "Hmmm... You're right, I did mess up." And then take away
some more points. Every paper probably has *something* you let slide the
first time.